Chrysalis Corporation

Chrysalis Corporation - T.A. Venedicktov I will start by saying this is one of the most beautiful books I've read in a while and I cannot wait for the next one to come out cause I'm going through withdrawal symptoms big time!

We have two beautiful "makes my hart melt" main characters and sweet and funny sidekicks but there's also plenty of stupid, idiot "kill them with fire" bad guys which I hope will meet their well deserved demise in the next book!

It all starts when Damion Hawk decides to escape his hard life on Mars and become an Alpha Fighter pilot, there he meets Juni (also a pilot) and become fast friends while going through their training for many years . All is well until he's announced that he's been chosen by a Core (men with computerized implants and no human emotions) to be his pilot. Each Alpha Pilot has its own Core to help them better manage their fighter plane and to have an improved performance when fighting bad guys.

It's when we meet Core 47, a beautiful, smart and ambitious core who has chosen Damion as his pilot after many years observing his flight scores, IQ tests and such. He has refused to chose other pilots while waiting for Damion since he decided he wants only the best one! Of course the stupid Chrysalis Corporation force other fighters on him, who abuse him but ultimately get killed by Core 47 during test flights. Needless to say that when Damion hears all this, he fears that Core 47 will decide to kill him too, even though Core 47 tells him he's been specifically waiting for him and there are 99.9% changes he won't kill him (lol).

This is when one of the most beautiful love stories starts.

Core 47 is, as I said before, a computerized human male who's been implanted with ports (for connecting to computers and the fighter plane) and lacks emotions since birth. He doesn't understand and can't relate to Damion on an emotional level, but they form a tentative friendship which allows the to trust each other. What make this a difficult and emotional read is the fact that Cores are viewed as slaves and inferior humans (sometimes not even that, just machines) and we witness many abuses against them, it's hard to read how they're treated and scorned by other man.

Damion slowly starts liking Core 47 and decides he doesn't like calling him by a number and gives him a name "Requiem" and also starts asking him to stop eating the drugged food given by the corporation (by giving the Cores special drugged food, which suppress their emotions and makes them easy to control). After no longer getting the drugs in his food, Requiem starts having emotions that he doesn't understand.
The way Damion explains them to him, they way Damion makes him feel like a human and not a machine made me fall in love with this book! It's simply beautiful and sweet and made my hart melt. You have to read this book!

Of course the "Powers that be" don't like Requiem having feelings so they do mean, hateful stuff to make their bonding stop. I hate them and I hope they die a slow painful death!!!
I'll stop hear with my review since I don't want to give away the whole book, but I just want stress again how beautiful their love story is and how much it moved me.
The book ends in a cliffhanger which by many of you could be considered unbearable but in a way (even if I didn't know that we have a next installment coming, hopefully in December) it can be a perfect (albeit tragic) ending.

I'll leave you with some beautiful art of the boys from the author's facebook page:

Requiem aka Core 47

Requiem and Damion together:

I need a moment... That cliffhanger hit me out of nowhere...still FANTASTIC book!